[yapc] All Talks Welcome

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Fri Mar 9 13:57:49 PST 2012

On 2012.3.4 3:13 PM, JT Smith wrote:
> Why? If it takes you more than two weeks to write a paragraph or two about
> what you're speaking about, it doesn't seem to me that you'll be able to get
> it done if I give you four weeks.

As a champion procrastinator, I don't agree.

More realistically, it takes time for the word to percolate out to various
groups and individuals who probably aren't on this list.  And then most
probably don't have a talk idea ready to go, they have to mull it over for a
while.  Once they come up with something, it can take A LOT of time to put
together a proposal: roughing it out, fixing it up, showing it around to
people to see what they think, etc...

Takes me a long time and I've been doing it for over a decade now.  "The Next
Generation" of speakers will probably be far slower to get the word and react.

--
Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best
served cold?  And it is very cold on the Internet!