[yapc] YAPC::NA 2012 DVD Set

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcatsystems.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 11:06:52 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 01:00:53PM -0500, JT Smith wrote:
> We're planning on putting it online for free which would pretty much kill and drive for most people to purchase a DVD set.

Lots of people bought the Modern Perl book, I think, even though that's
freely available online.

Cory Doctorow puts his novels up for free and suggests you donate a paper
copy to a school library if you don't have one.

So ... you might be surprised.

Or you might not, I don't even own a DVD player any more. But I think
assuming that free files online mean nobody wants to buy a higher res
DVD is ... well, an unvalidated assumption.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst