[yapc] Distributed Processing Applications with Helios

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Fri Jun 8 05:00:03 PDT 2012

Andrew Johnson will be giving a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     Helios is a distributed job processing system that allows users to
     write applications to spread workloads across multiple processes and
     servers. Â The Helios job queuing, configuration, and logging APIs
     aim to provide a user with an environment to easily write
     applications that scale across multiple processes and hosts. Â My
     talk will focus on Helios basic concepts and features (especially new
     features introduced in the new 2.4x series) with a particular
     interest in how to write simple Helios applications. Â I will also
     cover best practices for getting the best performance out of the
     Helios environment.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]