[yapc] Building Scalable, Distributed Job Queues with Redis and Redis::Client

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Fri Jan 20 01:00:02 PST 2012

Mike Friedman will be giving a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 that he describes as:Â
     At SocialFlow, we initially built a simple job queue system using a
     relational database and a daemon for running workers. While this
     model is sufficient for a relatively small volume of jobs, an
     increase in scale resulted in problems with concurrency, failover,
     and efficiency. This presentation examines the process and design
     that we used to move our jobs system to the Redis structured data
     store, and the simultaneous development and design philosophy behind
     the Redis::Client CPAN module.
     The presentation will cover the structure of job queues, an analysis
     of the pros and cons of relational vs. non-relational data-store
     models for queues, a brief introduction to the Redis platform, and
     code examples demonstrating a simplified system.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]