[yapc] Dynamic HTML 5 using jQuery for Perl Programmers

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Mon Jan 16 01:00:03 PST 2012

Pete Krawczyk will be giving a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 that he describes as:
     This talk is intended for audiences who are familiar with Perl and
     have some experience with HTML and CSS, but little or no JavaScript/
     jQuery experience. Source code will be provided before the talk;
     attendees are encouraged to download and follow along.

     We’ll migrate a to-do list app that allows adding, deleting and
     rearranging of tasks.We’ll start with a pure Perl/CGI/HTML4
     implementation and migrate it to a dynamic Perl/jQuery application
     using HTML5. Along the way, we’ll discuss JavaScript, JSON and XML,
     event-based programming, AJAX and asynchronous requests.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]