[yapc] This is a QR Code. We’re going to use QR Codes a lot at...

Chas. Owens chas.owens at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 08:28:34 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:19, John SJ Anderson <genehack at genehack.org> wrote:

> On Friday, January 6, 2012 at 10:16 , Jon Miner wrote:
>
> On 1/6/12 8:07 AM, Zak Zebrowski wrote:
>
> Can I opt out of having this on my badge?
>

> Speaking from no authority what-so-ever, but since a QR Code is more or
> less just a URL, it will presumably be a link to your profile in Act,
> which could contain whatever you want. (More or less the same result as
> if they note your name/username and go to Act.)
>

> Also speaking only for myself, I'm sure somebody at the conference will have
> a Sharpie -- just color in one of the white spaces and Bob's yr uncle.
snip

It is redundant, so, depending on the type used, you may need to hit
up to %30 of the white spaces:

Level L	7% of codewords can be restored.
Level M	15% of codewords can be restored.
Level Q	25% of codewords can be restored.
Level H	30% of codewords can be restored.

Probably better to just hit it all.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net