[yapc] YAPC::NA 2012 Call For Presenters Now Open!

JT Smith admin at yapcna.org
Mon Jan 2 07:17:08 PST 2012

> This sounds like you're reinventing the beginner track (http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/talks#140) from last year's YAPC. Any reason why you decided to invoke NIH? If you're not reinventing it, it doesn't seem at all clear, and I have received no request to gather the slides from last year.

You're assuming that I'm invoking NIH, and I'm not sure why. However, I'll try to explain better what we're trying to do, and maybe from there we can get to the same page.

1) We haven't ruled out those talks in the least. I simply was unaware that all those talks were generated by you and therefore you have the raw slides of all of them.

2) We can't assume that the people who were there last year will be here again this year to do those talks.

3) We can't assume that the people coming would be willing to take over those talks.

4) There aren't enough talks in that list. Our beginners program will, ideally, last all three days of YAPC.

5) Several of the topics covered in those talks, are being covered by our Zero To Perl Workshop.

Suggestions are always welcome.