[yapc] YAPC::NA 2012 Call For Presenters Now Open!

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Mon Jan 2 01:00:03 PST 2012

We are now accepting_talk_proposals for YAPC::NA_2012.
We’re of course interested in anything Perl-related you want to talk about.
However, we have two areas we’re definitely interested in:
First, we’re looking for talks on Perl in the Wild. These talks are about
businesses and individuals who have done great things with Perl. Perhaps
you’ve automated your house with Perl, or built the latest and greatest web
app. Or maybe you’re controlling Arduino boards to build robots with Perl.
Maybe you’ve got amazing case studies in high-end performance with Perl. Or
maybe, you’ve built a boring little app in Perl that has enabled your
business to make millions of dollars. You could be building a great video game
in Perl, or perhaps a social network to take down Facebook and Twitter.
 Whatever it is that you’ve built or are building, we_want_to_hear_about_it.
Second, we’re looking for the quintessential Perl 101 talks. We’re putting
together a_program_to_train_the_next_generation_of_Perlers, and we need your
help. Assume they will have a basic understanding of Perl syntax, but nothing
else. So you can show them how to best get something in and out of a database.
Or you could show them how build a simple web app, Â munge a log file, or write
an IRC bot. Maybe you want to show them all the cool things you can do with
tied variables, or why they should choose Moose, Mouse, Moo, or Mo. Someone
really should show them how to handle exceptions, write to a log, and do
performance profiling. No matter whether you’ve been coding Perl for 3 months
or 3 years, you’ve got something to share with the Perl newbies of the world.
Submit_a_talk and help bring someone new into the fold.