[yapc] Double Prime is Hiring!

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Thu Feb 16 09:00:03 PST 2012

[http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzfxk1ThWV1qj3ax1.png]
YAPC::NA_2012 sponsor DoublePrime is hiring. They have eight great Perl-related
positions open right now! All three positions are in their New York offices.
Backend_Perl_Engineer
We are looking for 4 full-time engineers to join our team. This is a full-time
W2 position with a 401k and health benefits. Some roles are available as work-
from-home (tele- commute from within the US) and others will be on site in
NYC.

Roles will include:Â
    * day-to-day interaction with the our group, client management, and design
      firms, maintaining and developing websites
    * new application development
    * systems and network administration (solaris, linux, cisco)
Most importantly, a thorough knowledge of OO perl is required. Beyond that,
since we are looking for people to fulfill multiple roles, specifics are listed
below.
Frontend_Javascript_Engineer
We are looking for 1 full-time engineer to join our team. Â This is a full-time
W2 position with health benefits and 401k. Some roles are available as work-
from-home (tele-commute from within the US) and others will be on site in
NYC.

Front-end developer requirements:Â
    * Must have experience with object-oriented Javascript - Mod_Perl
      experience a plus - Must be proficient with HTML, CSS, and cross-browser
      issues. - Experience with the following JavaScript frameworks: Prototype
      (required) JQuery (required) Dojo (a plus)
    * Intermediate to Advanced experience with front-end concepts: AJAX
      (XMLHttpRequest)
    * Must have Drupal Theming API, Drupal, JQuery and some php experience
    * Structural HTML/CSS Thorough knowledge of DOM and CSS definitions and
      usage is required. The ability to use JavaScript frameworks to examine
      and manipulate the DOM is required.
    * Must be experienced with debugging tools such as Firebug.
    * Knowledge of Perl, Mod_Perl is a plus.
    * Knowledge of social media integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc) is a plus.
    * Operating Systems: Unix/Linux (required)
    * Version Control: Knowledge of one of the following is required: git, svn,
      cvs, rcs
Drupal_Engineer
We are looking for 3 full-time engineers to join our team. This is a full-time
W2 position with a 401k and health benefits. Some roles are available as work-
from-home (tele- commute from within the US) and others will be on site in
NYC.

Job Description:Â

The Drupal engineer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing,
testing, implementing and maintaining software systems to support our clients*
projects in online marketing, e-commerce and mobile applications.

Specific duties include, but are not limited to:Â
    * Participating in the full life-cycle of software development, including
      requirements gathering, estimating, development, testing and support
    * Supporting customers
    * integration of internally developed applications and commercial software
    * Maintain awareness of trends in the fields of: web-based technology
      (including ecommerce), IT security and object oriented programming.
    * Ongoing Involvement in the larger Drupal community.
    * Assist in improving on all existing Drupal products
    * Work with internal and 3rd party teams to support existing applications
    * Become a subject matter expert on all things Drupal as it relates to
      existing application development, new development and support
Editor’s Note: The Drupal position requires Perl knowledge for integration
with other systems, and some system administration tools.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]