[yapc] YAPC::NA SOLD OUT!!!

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Mon Apr 30 09:21:14 PDT 2012

On 04/30/2012 12:00 PM, YAPC::NA Director wrote:
> We have officially sold 411 tickets to YAPC::NA_2012, which means we are
> officially sold out!�
> Some of you might be thinking,
Why would you book such a small venue?
 The
> truth is we booked a very large venue. Weve just sold more tickets to YAPC::NA
> than any other year of the conference thus far.

toronto had about 500+ attendees. many were U toronto students so they
didn't take up the room blocks we had reserved.

also why not sell discounted standing room tickets? or set up remote
viewing from the smaller halls for the plenary sessions? shouldn't be
hard with the tech skill sets we have.

what i am impressed with is how fast tickets sold including the classes.
6 weeks to go and 400+ sold.

now, many of you will want to come to the arrival dinner. remember to
sign up on the wiki page
(http://act.yapcna.org/2012/wiki?node=Arrival%20Dinner). read up on the
venue and menu. i am working on getting some sort of drink discount
special too.

thanx,