[yapc] "Sold out"

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:41:44 PDT 2012

In addition, I cannot imagine a reason why a YAPC could possibly be
sold out. Granted, we got lucky in Columbus that we were able to book
the majority of the newly-built OSU Student Union. But, having lived
in Madison, the UW facilities are huge, much larger than a YAPC could
possibly use.

Rob

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 07:48, Matt S Trout <mst at shadowcatsystems.co.uk> wrote:
> It'd be quite nice to see some explanation of which things are limiting
> additional signups.
>
> 'Some of you might be thinking, “Why would you book such a small venue?”'
>
> Actually, I'm thinking "Why would you say 'sold out' and then say that
> you hope next year is even bigger and then not bother to actually tell us
> what the limiting factors were".
>
> Especially since that might help next year's organisers not be sold out :)
>
> --
> Matt S Trout - Shadowcat Systems - Perl consulting with a commit bit and a clue
>
> http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/
>
> Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst
> commercial support, training and consultancy packages could help your team.

Thanks,
Rob Kinyon