[yapc] So, you want to run a Perl event?

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Wed Apr 25 01:00:03 PDT 2012

Dan Wright will give a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     Perl events come in all shapes and sizes ranging from tiny hackathons
     to a full-fledged YAPCs.
     In this talk, I will cover various lessons learned from years of
     running Perl events. Ill reveal some often hidden pitfalls and
     outline methods for success in running your event. I will also cover
     some of the resources that are available to help you run your event.
     Audience: Perl experience isnt really relevant to this talk. This
     talk is suited for anybody that has an interest, but little
     experience in event organizing.
     Bio: As a founding organizer for The Pittsburgh Perl Workshop, I know
     first-hand what it is like to run an event for the first time. Since
     2006, Ive organized 5 PPWs and a YAPC. Currently, I am planning for
     PPW 2012 and also serving as Treasurer for The Perl Foundation.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]