[yapc] Introduction to the Perl Data Language

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Wed Apr 4 01:00:02 PDT 2012

David Mertens will give a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     Perl is awesome as processing text, but did you know that Perl can
     handle high performance computing, too? With the Perl Data Language,
     Perl can process large data at C speeds while using idiomatic Perl.
     The Perl Data Language describes itself as “giving standard Perl
     the ability to compactly store and speedily manipulate the large N-
     dimensional data arrays which are the bread and butter of scientific
     computing.” What does this mean? In this talk, I will give an
     introduction to PDL from a Perl programmer’s perspective. I will
     cover basic PDL operations from creation and access to standard
     manipulations and will explaing basic plotting. Some of the more
     advanced topics will include slicing arbitrary chunks of data and, if
     time allows, writing code that interfaces with PDL’s processing
     engine.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]