[yapc] Attendee spouses/families

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sat Jun 4 06:11:18 PDT 2011

On 6/3/11 6:16 PM, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> My wife will be coming with me to Asheville this year, so I'm wondering
> if anyone else is coming with spouse/family who are not conference
> attendees. I'm hoping to find some entertainment for my wife during the
> day, and it'd be nice for her to have other folks to hang out with.

http://www.exploreasheville.com/index.aspx

The Asheville downtown -- east of where the conference will be held --
is good for a walking tour.  Lots of Art Deco-era buildings; small shops
that make you think of Berkeley in the '60s.

With auto:  Tea at the Grove Park Inn.  The Biltmore estate.  Mount
Mitchell -- highest point in the eastern US.  Great Smoky mountains
national park.

jimk