[yapc] Fwd: Re: Anyone interested in crashing CPOSC in October?

Jon Miner miner at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 7 07:50:21 PDT 2010

(Apologies for the duplicate, I sent the original from the wrong email
address and the list manager rejected it..)

On 7/7/10 2:13 AM, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>  Casey, you are right I could have done a lot more research trying to
>  track him down. I could have asked around if anyone knows Eric and
>  has his contact and then waited a month.

So, how much is he being paid to maintain the site, and of that pay, how
much of his time is being paid to make sure the site is perfectly
maintained and up to date?

This is exactly the type of blame assignment and agressive behavior that
discourages volunteers, discourages new people from joining, and
discourages expansion and adoption of our beloved language.

It might be a different thing on a private list, but this is a public
list, filled with potential volunteers who are now discouraged from
trying to help for fear of being publicly berated.

jon

--
|  jon at jjminer.org  |      photos - http://photos.jjminer.org/        |

"We don't have a town drunk...   We all take turns!"
     -- James Slater, "Key West Address"