[yapc] Talk submissions are closed

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Thu Apr 29 11:38:23 PDT 2010

On 04/29/2010 02:27 PM, Chris Nehren wrote:

> How many tracks does OSCON have?

About 11 (depends on the day/time, etc) tracks and they are expecting
about 2,500 people. So they have a much bigger person-per-track size
than we do.

But that's not my main concern. My main concern is quality. If there's
no filter there's no quality. I know that organizing a conference is a
ton of work (and it's work I haven't done yet which makes me even less
qualified to comment) but I still feel like it's important to know that
talks were selected because they were quality proposals and good,
interesting topics. Not because we had a whole bunch of rooms available.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP