[yapc] Pre-Conference Dinner

Diona Kidd diona at knowmad.com
Thu May 29 17:30:59 PDT 2008

It sounds like we need a vegan and vegetarian organizer. Although I'm
a foodie myself, I would still find this to be a challenge. I would
love to pick up a conversation on 'why vegan' but that's a discussion
for the conference between talks. I'm defiantly interested. Catch me
at the conference.

Kosher is challenging for our Jewish attendees. If anyone in the area
can suggest kosher restaurants in the area, that would be fabulous! I
have a friend that I will be meeting for dinner who requires kosher.
It would be helpful to have this on the wiki.

Dorms are notoriously problematic so I'm staying at the Hotel. I hope
the neighborhood in Chicago has improved, as has been posted. It was
super scary last time and I'm still waiting on my t-shirt "I
survived". Guess I shouldn't hold my breath. ;)

Don't forget to buy your favorite Perl celeb at the auction (if this
is done this year)! The auction is a great fund-raising opportunity
for the Perl foundation. The conference is really inexpensive and the
auction is a great forum to give back to the community!

Kind regards,

Diona Kidd
-----
Knowmad Technologies