[yapc] Danger Will Robinson

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:53:22 PDT 2008

Raise you hand if you walked through the projects last night.

/me raises hand

What a crazy way to end my  yapc trip.  I ended up walking from the
Adams/Wabash green line stop to about two blocks from the IIT campus
last night around 3:00am.  I can absolutely confirm the rumors that
you DON'T want to venture too far north of campus.  It may not have
been the projects, but the random stranger that decided to walk with
me said it was.  I was thankful that he was walking with me, though.
He seemed to be able to fend off the numerous other random strangers
and groups that tried to get our attention.  It was a very (VERY)
uncomfortable feeling.  Things are good now, though.  I just left DFW
and am about to grab a bite to eat before my 4 hour drive home.

I think I really DO need an "I survived Chicago" shirt.  :-)

Jeremy, thankful I'm in one piece