[yapc] CTA travel from O'Hare: not until 11pm

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Wed Jun 11 22:22:21 PDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Tye McQueen wrote:

> I was planning on taking the train from O'Hare when I got in Sunday evening
> (based on information from the YAPC web sites) and the below links got me to
> a site where I could plan my trip in more detail.
>
> The "next" train after my 6:20pm arrival is 11pm!  I've changed my mind
> based on not wanting to sit in an airport for 4.5 hours!

That can't be right.  The blue line runs every 10 minutes or so, 24
hours a day.  I tried the same service from the home page of
transitchicago.com, just using the default destination (1 N. State
Street):

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&f=d&saddr=O'Hare,+Chicago&daddr=1+N+State+St,+Chicago,+IL&ttype=dep&date=06%2F15&time=18:20&dirflg=r&z=11

and the times show trains departing every 10 minutes.

However, what is true is that for this weekend, if you're taking the
blue line in, they'll make you disembark at Harlem, and board a shuttle
bus (for free), which will take you to the Jefferson Park station, where
you'll reboard the train.  (See Elliot Shank's previous email, or the
Getting Around wiki page.)

-- Mike F.