[yapc] outside social

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Tue Jun 10 14:25:09 PDT 2008

  DW> I can see that there's some talk in this list about things outside
  DW> the schedule that I've printed for the conference. (Banquets and
  DW> such). I joined late and it's a lot of work to figure out what's
  DW> going on by reading all the messages.  Can someone summarize that
  DW> activities have been planned so far so I can assess going to them?

  DW> I'd want to know locations and times, description and cost of
  DW> anything that's up.

as others have said most of the events are scheduled and on the
wiki. monday night is open and there will be many ad hoc outings (last
time in chicago many went to due's for deep dish pizza in several large
and separate groups). there may be a movie event in the dorm common
space if we can use a tv in there. dave adler is bringing dvds, possibly
one he ordered for me if he gets it on time. others can bring
appropriate dvds too (you know, tasteless, goofy, sexy, sci fi!). there
is no official schedule for this movie event so keep your ears peeled
and read this list. yapc is a very fluid conference so just make new
friends and ask them what they are planning. groups coelesce and break
up like oil drops in water.

uri, who can't babysit all yapc newbies

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --