[yapc] arrival dinner votes

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Sun Jun 8 21:01:05 PDT 2008

  DEW> Hey Uri, thanks for organizing this. A quickquestion for you that
  DEW> might be best answered on-list, if you think they're generic enough.
  >>
  >> yes, this is not a private matter and i am sure others know chicago much
  >> better than i do.
  >>
  DEW> My flight arrives at 17:06. What's the best way for me to get to the
  DEW> dinner? Should I take CTA somewhere directly from the airport, or
  DEW> should I go to the conference center/dorm, get checked in, and then
  DEW> get to the dinner? If the latter, how do I get there?

  JM> Assuming that you can get to the L by 18:00, you can theoretically get
  JM> to Goose Island Wrigleyville in about 50 minutes.  The CTA trip
  JM> planner [http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com] output for  the trip is
  JM> attached.  Of course, a cab could probably do it in half the time for
  JM> considerably more $$.

see, i didn't know shit so why did you email me offlist?! :)

and i even read your arrival military time incorrectly as 7pm. d'oh!!

uri, who knows diddly about 24 vs 12 hour times.

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------