[yapc] rock climbing (indoors)!

Dave Gray yargevad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:26:37 PDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Mark P Sullivan <nycamel at zeroth.dyn.dhs.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 05:55:06AM -0500, Scott Walters wrote:
> > Wish you'd mentioned it a couple hours ago... could have grabbed my
> > own shoes and harness.  Ping me when you're getting organized to go.
>
> I did get sufficient warning to bring my gear and would love to get out
> on (dry) real rock.  Or indoor.
>
> (I lack a car and knowledge of the area.)

Real rock anywhere close doesn't sound promising... from rockclimbing.com

" The highest point around Houston is The Heights (18ft above sea
level). If that won't work for you try West Mt. Houston. Sorry,
couldn't help myself. Having escaped Houston 8 years ago I had to take
the jab."
<http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=371714;search_string=houston;guest=15290514#371714>
<http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=403765;search_string=houston;guest=15290514#403765>

Apparently UH has a climbing wall, although I only just found their page.
<http://www.uh.edu/recreation/outdoor/climbingwall.html>

I'm up for hitting a gym tonight or tomorrow night, as long as it
doesn't conflict with the Beer BOF ;)

Dave