[yapc] Some last minute questions

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:21:18 PDT 2007

On 6/21/07, José Alves de Castro <jose.castro at log.pt> wrote:

> Once again, I haven't had much time to check out the website or
> follow the mailing list, so I apologize if any of this has been asked
> and answered before.
>
> Here are my last minute questions :-)
>

>         - How's the weather in Houston? By what I can find on the
> internet,
> it seems it's hot, but it also seem it's storming every other day...
> Am I OK with t-shirts, or is that a sure death sentence?

Sadly yes, it looks like scattered T-storms Mon-Sat. :-(  Hopefully that
keeps the temperature down a little, though.  I would imagine you would be
OK with t-shirts.  You may want to bring an umbrella or poncho though ;-)

        - Will there be wireless access in the dorms?

Yes. The rooms themselves will have wired connections, but the open areas
(lobby, etc) have wireless.  An excerpt from the UH wireless locations page
(http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/wireless/):
" UH Student Housing provides the wireless networks within public student
areas in Moody Towers <http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/MR.html>, Cougar
Place <http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/CP.html>, Cullen
Oaks<http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/CUO.html>,
and the Quadrangle (Bates <http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/BH.html>,
Law <http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/LH.html>,
Oberholtzer<http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/OB.html>,
Settegast <http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/SH.html>, and
Taub<http://www.uh.edu/campus_map/buildings/TH.html>)
Residence Halls."

        - Are there towels in the dorms?

Yes.  The linen package includes sheets, blanket, pillow, bath towel and
washcloth.

Regards, and see you real soon, now :-)