[yapc] Tuesday Banquet Herding?

Packy Anderson yapc at packy.org
Tue Jun 27 14:13:23 PDT 2006

They're announcing that we're being herded from the lobby of the
conference center at 5pm.

--
Packy Anderson
packy at dardan.com

"It doesn't matter what system you are running, if you don't keep up to
date you will be hit."  -- Microsoft Sales Bulletin, after the Gartner
Group reccommended that users avoid using Microsoft's IIS webserver

"That's not very smart. It's like saying that it doesn't matter
whether you
buy a Toyota Camry or a Russian Lada, because you will eventually
have to
service it. Excuse me, but I'd rather own the Camry, thank you very
much,
because the probability of trouble is lower for the Camry. Of course
I need
to get both cars inspected regularly. The name of the game is risk
management, and every manager has the responsibility to minimize risks.

"Using software of doubtful quality is irresponsible."
                                         --Pascal Meunier, Purdue
University