[yapc] Better computers

Joshua ben Jore twists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 11:11:13 PDT 2006

Just an FYI, the computers in the conference building suck. There are
ordinary Windows XP computers in the library across the street. I was
able to ssh to my box at home and get some last minute stuff done.

All this occassioned because I worked on my laptop on the trip over.
It was only til I arrived in the dorm that the laptop utterly died.
Some kind of memory issue. It's a major bummer. It seems to function
well enough to boot into single mode to let me copy MP3s from a CD to
my phone or slides to a flash disk. That's about it.

Josh