[yapc] Perl Educators/Authors BOF

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Sat Jun 24 06:36:17 PDT 2006

I'll see you there.

I'm especially interested in what folks are doing with the Perl6 modules,
either in their current classes, or what their future plans are.

I've currently got a contract to rewrite a Perl course.  I'm using Damian's
PBP to drive out some of the more egregious constructs, some of which have
been hanging around since Pink-Perl (i.e. Perl4) days, and are carry-overs
from VB coding practices.  Disclaimer: it's not my material, and the author
appeared to be neither a programmer nor a Perl programmer.  But this is
still an issue for a lot of trainers: how do you teach new styles with old
course material.

Michael

--
Michael R. Wolf