[yapc] Elevated trains? What will they come up with next?

Kent Cowgill kent at c2group.net
Fri Jun 23 09:02:49 PDT 2006

1) At the very least, buy a $5 or $10 card.  There will be kiosks at
Midway near the entrance to the orange line.  There may also be a place to
buy the visitors pass, but I am unfamiliar with those.

2) http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/
You can get best estimates about trip times and routes, etc.

HOWEVER, ask a local if a particular route is advised.  Punching in going
from Midway to 3300 S. Federal advises to get off the orange line at
Archer, and waiting for a bus.  I would avoid this route as it has you
standing around with all your worldly travelling posessions in a
not-so-nice neighborhood.

It's nice that they have options to select a route that's quickest or
involves the least amount of walking - if only they had a selectable
option "I'd like a route that's least likely to get me mugged or raped and
arrive alive and intact". ;)

I'd guess at the route suggested (transferring to the green line) should
take on the order of 25-30 minutes.

-Kent