[yapc] A word of caution

Bill Morris bill_morris at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 15 12:44:49 PDT 2006

So, are there going to be "I Survived YAPC Chicago" T-shirts?

Bill Morris

Bill Morris (bill_morris at ncsu.edu)
Operations and Systems Analyst
Distributed Environment Services
Enterprise Technology Services & Support
North Carolina State University
Campus Box 7209
B21, 2620 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27695-7209
(919) 513-1800

>>> Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> 6/15/2006 3:30:25 pm >>>
> I have been researching the immediate area of IIT for restaurants,
> groceries
> and such.  I have recently talked with two men, one who currently
> lives in the
> area and another one who grew up there.  Both of them have STRONGLY

> CAUTIONED
> me about wandering around the area, particularly to the south and
> east.  They
> say doing so presents a serious risk of being assaulted.

Yes, this is the case.  The one problem with this year's YAPC is that

it's not one where we're going to be hanging out in the neighborhood
at night.

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance