[yapc] yaphack contest

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Fri May 14 23:36:46 CDT 2004

  GH> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 04:50:01PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
  >> projects done in the past year and not a quicky 24 hour contest. so i
  >> will remove it from the kwiki unless i sense some interest. any comments

  GH> I think it would be fun to do a yaphack. If a 24hr project is or
  GH> too long term (wouldn't be for me) then we could do quick rounds
  GH> of 5-15 min. challenges. We could score points by speed, lines of
  GH> coding, fewest modules used ...

i was thinking 24 hours was too short and so was 3 days. no way i would
want to do a bunch of short contests. the overhead of giving out the
problems and judging the results would be too much. 24 sounds like a
decent period in that it won't take up the entire conference, you can do
some interesting work in 24 hours and it is a nice time period :)

but you are the first to express any interest in it. we need at least a
few teams of 3-5 hackers for this to be fun IMO.

Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com