[yapc] Time to freeze the wiki?

Brian Ingerson ingy at ttul.org
Tue Jun 29 15:00:18 CDT 2004

On 29/06/04 15:17 -0400, Peter Masiar wrote:

> I've seen in some wiki or forum IMHO stronger protection:
> for every page save, user need to enter "security code":
> short, graphically obscured text generated as image.
> Like mail.yahoo.com does when creating new account.

Good idea but a little heavy handed. I would preferably do it when you
first connect to the wiki after an hour of non-activity, and just save a
cookie session id. Or maybe the first time you *edit* after an hour of
non-activity. Something like that. I'll write a plugin for that soon,
and maybe we can leave the kwiki open.