[yapc] passport and tourism

Soren Andersen somian at orchidacea.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 14 13:53:01 CDT 2004

 >  == On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 12:11:33PM -0400, James Keenan wrote:
 >> == On Jun 11, 2004, at 11:55 AM, Uri Guttman wrote:

> >given all the security hoopla, should i bring my passport just to cross
> >into canada for tourist stuff?
> >anyone know the current trends at niagara falls (like over rainbow
> >bridge)?

> 4.  Uri:  Given the above, I would recommend taking the Maid of the
> Mist from the U.S. side, so as to not waste time crossing the border on
> a peak traffic summer weekend.

IMHO absolutely crucial. There is no difference in what you'll see (it's
the same gorge beneath the falls) and why give the Canadians the tourist
dollars? (No slight intended to our Canadian brethren, but) NF NY USA is
a chronically depressed area economically and ought to be the place
where this outing is undertaken-from. Furthermore, needless border
crossing at this uncertain time == bad thinking.

  Best,
   Soren A
--
|                 The greatest woes of the programmer?                 |