[yapc] arrival dinner deadline

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Tue Jun 8 12:54:18 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 01:41:43AM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:

> voting for the menu has been going at a frantic pace. here are the
> current rankings:
>
> minestone soup still has a solid lead. cream of potato or beef barley
> would need some floridian ballots to catch up now.

I, for one would prefer the cream of potato or beef barley (in that
order) over the minestrone.

Come on people!  Beat down the minestrone crowd!

> balsamic vinagrette is the slim leader with peppercorn parmesan and
> thousand island tied right behind it and bleu cheese could make a come
> from behind victory. remember you can vote for 2 of these so if you only
> picked one before, pick another.

I find both the vinagrette and the peppercorn parmesan favorable.

> green beans amandine is the runaway and declared victor and nobody
> trailing is even in sight.

I can pick out the almonds. :-)

> oven herb-roasted potatoes has been the leader all along but rice pilaf
> is steadily making up ground.

Either works for me.

> the entree race has been very interesting because of the 3 choices
> allowed (remember to choose up to 3). top round has been the clear
> winner from the start but the race for second and third has been a fight
> between Herb-Roasted Chicken, Roasted breast of turkey and chicken
> portofino. herb roasted is the current leader and the other two are tied
> behind it and one of them has to lose. italian sausage is the dark horse
> and could win a place with some last second ballot stuffing or some help
> from the supreme court.

After the top round, I'd go with the chicken and turkey.

> and finally chocolate sauce for the ice cream is the clear winner but
> mint sauce got its first vote!

Chocolate is rarely unwelcome.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

dha