[yapc] Re: Anchor bar night

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Wed Jun 2 22:05:11 CDT 2004

  JB> On Jun 2, 2004, at 7:10 PM, Uri Guttman wrote:

  >> well, wed night is harry potter on the imax so maybe after that
  >> would be a good time. we don't have a movie time slot set yet but i
  >> would wager we would be out before the bar closes. i would be into
  >> it. call it the wings bof. :) if we get a proper time and place
  >> (url?) put it on the social events (which i should move to another
  >> page already).

  JB> I agree that a trip to the anchor bar would be in order and Wednesday
  JB> would be a good night. Right now, the choices for the movie are 7PM or
  JB> 10:15PM. We end the day at 5:30, so I don't think 7 is reasonable if
  JB> people want to eat. I personally don't want to sit in a 3 hour movie
  JB> with no dinner.

  JB> So assuming I get the tickets for 10:15, there will be plenty of time
  JB> to take a trip down to the anchor bar. I can help people with
  JB> directions there, and from there to the IMAX theater.

that sounds like the way to go. so i will put the 10:15 time on the kwiki
(i am doing a bunch of edits now) and i will mention an anchor bar
trip. should someone call them and warn them?

when i visited a gf in buffalo in 1977, i recall a trip to a place that
had wings (and they weren't discovered yet by the rest of the country)
so i may have been there.

  JB> For that matter, there is a place downtown called Pearl Street that
  JB> has good food and beer. OK, it's not perl street, but close enough.

  JB> http://www.pearlstreetgrill.com/

  JB> Maybe we can start a page on the kwiki for places to eat on Wednesday
  JB> night. There are quite a few good places in Buffalo.

go for it. and jim keenan could start the anchor bar page if he wants.

Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com