[Wellington-pm] IDEs round-the-room

Peter Kelly perlmonger at pck.co.nz
Fri Jun 23 02:35:56 PDT 2017

Hi mongers,

Could we have a round-the-room about IDEs?

But as I sit here this balmy winter night, I find myself reading through
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1137488 which talks about integrated
debugging in an IDE.

I do my Perl coding mostly in Windows this month for bizarre reasons, such
as that I can't get Linux to drive my 4K monitor on my hardware.  I use
Notepad++, which highlights most keywords nicely and offers variable
auto-completion.  But it doesn't have Perl debugger integration.

I see from that comment that Eclipe is supposed to be the answer to the
maiden's prayer.  I haven't forgiven it yet for being a dog more than a
decade ago.

Padre appears to be a dead duck - there is no activity on the IRC archives,
or mailing list, and it won't compile from CPAN.

I note a mention of the topic from Grant in his list message of Tue, 16 Jun
2009 14:27:27

Would it be annoying if I asked people to share a screen-shot of their IDE?

On an unrelated note, is there any easy way to localise (deep-copy) an
array of hashes?

Peter