[Wellington-pm] Roundup of last night's meeting

Florent Mara florent.mara at nzregen.co.nz
Thu Oct 27 15:40:16 PDT 2016

Indeed, thank you Steve, very good presentation.
So many implementations of Fibonacci ... it is surprising not to have it
build-in Perl6, yet. Too many characters in the current implementation! :-)
my @fib := 1, 1, *+* ... *;

As for Grant bitwise turtles, ever so thought provoking.
I still don't have any suggestion for next month, I am currently out of
suggestions ...

Since I am here, maybe somebody could explain me what I am doing wrong here:
my $cust_levels = ['Inner Span', 'End Span'];
my $mirror = $object->set('array', $cust_levels); # Sets a mirroring
variable in a different object.
is($mirror->[0], $cust_levels->[0], 'Got the expected array element');

Results in
#   Failed test 'Got the expected array element'
#          got: 'Inner Span'
#     expected: '"Inner Span"'

$cust_levels does not show any double quotes unless in is() context ...
feeling quite "blonde" this morning.