[Wellington-pm] Round-up of last night's meeting

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Jul 12 18:22:13 PDT 2016

Hi all

Thanks to everyone for coming along and participating in last night's
meeting.  Special thanks to Donovan for his talk on four-tier
application architecture.  I'll put his slides up on the web site
if/when he sends me a copy.

If you want to try out the Unicode Character Finder tool I was demoing,
you can find it here:

  http://www.mclean.net.nz/ucf/  or here: http://liip.to/unicode

The EmojiOne Color font with the support for Fitzpatrick Types for skin
tones and the Regional Indicator alphabet is on GitHub here:

  https://github.com/eosrei/emojione-color-font

On a completely different subject ... some of you may be also interested
in the Postgres User Group's meeting next Thursday evening.  They have a
guest speaker who will be talking about the pros and cons of using
relational databases for work queues.  More details here:

http://www.meetup.com/Wellington-PostgreSQL-User-Group/events/232185039/

The next meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers will be on Tuesday the 9th
of August.  We have Florent lined up to tell us what he's been learning
playing with Perl 6.  Let me know if you'd like to speak.

Regards