[Wellington-pm] Coming Meeting -

Tai Paul tai at pplus.co.nz
Mon Jun 29 19:35:59 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I’m happy to speak on Perl Critic at our next meeting.

NAME ^

Perl::Critic - Critique Perl source code for best-practices.

SYNOPSIS ^

    use Perl::Critic;

    my $file = shift;

    my $critic = Perl::Critic->new();

    my @violations = $critic->critique($file);

    print @violations;

DESCRIPTION ^

Perl::Critic is an extensible framework for creating and applying coding standards to Perl source code. Essentially, it is a static source code analysis engine. Perl::Critic is distributed with a number of  <http://search.cpan.org/~thaljef/Perl-Critic-1.125/lib/Perl/Critic/Policy.pm> Perl::Critic::Policy modules that attempt to enforce various coding guidelines. Most Policy modules are based on Damian Conway's book Perl Best Practices. However, Perl::Critic is not limited to PBP and will even support Policies that contradict Conway. You can enable, disable, and customize those Polices through the Perl::Critic interface. You can also create new Policy modules that suit your own tastes.

Here is the link to CPAN. http://search.cpan.org/~thaljef/Perl-Critic-1.125/lib/Perl/Critic.pm.

My talk will be on

-          integrating perlcritic into the development process

-          dispute resolution over best practice

-          adding your own standards

-          customisation levels: organisation, developer, script, code blocks and lines.

Cheers

Tai