[Wellington-pm] Meeting next Tuesday

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Sep 2 15:17:11 PDT 2014

Hi Mongers

The next meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers will be next Tuesday the 9th
of September:

    6:00pm Tuesday 9 September 2014
    Level 3, Catalyst House
    150 Willis Street
    Wellington

Raf is going to do his Moose Testing talk at the October meeting so we
don't have any talks scheduled for this month yet.  Let me know if you'd
like to speak.

In other news ...

NZ's annual Python conference 'Kiwi Pycon' is being held in Wellington
this year from Fri Sep 12th to Sun the 14th (just over a week away).  At
$100 a ticket it's a bargain and they have even cheaper prices for
students.

On Friday evening (the 12th) there will be a 'Codewars' event at the
conference.  This is a fun, team-based programming competition (Python
not compulsory) and since they asked me to organise it, I'm reusing the
'HackOff' format previously used at Wellington.pm and LCA.  More details
here:

  http://kiwi.pycon.org/events/codewars/

Hopefully we'll see some of you at Pycon and Codewars.