[Wellington-pm] indirect object notation

Kent Fredric kentfredric at gmail.com
Fri May 16 21:39:17 PDT 2014

On 17 May 2014 15:44, Richard Hector <richard at walnut.gen.nz> wrote:

> which I understand uses "indirect object notation", which I gather is
> deprecated, right? Is that the reason perl thinks there should be such a
> subroutine?

Not so much "deprecated" because deprecated things warn.

But thoroughly discouraged indeed.

Essentially though, it doesn't detect the existence of the class
Net::XMPP::Debug due to it not being loaded, and thus assumes that class is
a function.

You can hack around this by simply adding:

'use Net::XMPP::Debug' somewhere in the code.

Then you'll find it forgets to use XML::Stream as well somewhere, so you'll
want to "use" that too.

TL;DR = The real bug is they're trying to use classes without requiring
them first.

--
Kent