[Wellington-pm] Schwern in Wellington

Andrew Ruthven andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Feb 6 17:47:49 PST 2013

Hey,

I was chatting with Michael Schwern over dinner while at linux.conf.au
2013 last week and he mentioned we was coming to New Zealand for the NZ
AU Open Research Conference and Kiwi Foocamp this week and weekend.

With a surprisingly minimal amount of arm twisting we've managed to
change his flights, and he's coming down to Wellington at a silly time
on Monday morning, and will be here until Wednesday.

He's going to run some tutorials and talks etc at Catalyst and I've
managed to get at least one (maybe more) opened up to external parties.

The first public one we have is on Modern Perl. Schwern has said he'd
like to run this in a format of "I have problem $x I'd like to solve"
and he'll lead a discussion/talk/whatever from there. This will be
Monday afternoon 1:30pm - 5pm.

We're not sure how many seats we will available or the cost.  We'll know
more tomorrow afternoon, and the cost will probably be a couple of
hundred bucks, again we'll know more tomorrow once we have a handle on
numbers.  Sorry about being so vague but this has only come together
today.

We may *also* have seats available in an intermediate level git tutorial
(Monday morning) and a Perl style guide to style guide session (Tuesday
morning) that Schwern has started developing.  He ran a basic git
tutorial at LCA 2013 last week and they had to kick 20 odd people out of
the room due to clogging up the stairs.

We'll know about those ones tomorrow afternoon.

If you're interested in any of these, please let me know ASAP.

For those who don't know, Catalyst is in Catalyst House, 150 Willis St.

If you know other people who'd be interested in these sessions, please
feel free to pass this on.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
MIITP, ITCP

At work: andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
At home: andrew at etc.gen.nz
GPG fpr: 34CA 12A3 C6F8 B156 72C2  D0D7 D286 CE0C 0C62 B791
LCA2013: Come join the party... - lca2013.linux.org.au