[Wellington-pm] Lightning talk meeting in 4 weeks

Tobias Kirschstein lev at nupfel.de
Thu Jan 19 01:09:58 PST 2012

On 2012-01-17, at 3:33 PM, Grant McLean wrote:

> Hi Mongers
>
> The first Wellington Perl Mongers meeting of 2012 will be a Lightning
> Talk meeting on Tuesday February the 14th.
>
> <pop-quiz>
>   If you were planning to sign up to do a lightning talk but now
>   realise that you'll be busy that night taking your "Significant
>   Other" out for a romantic valentines celebration ...  please let
>   me know.  If this affects more that one or two people then we
>   should reschedule.
> </pop-quiz>

my "significant other" unfortunately lives on the other side of the planet
so no disruption from my side there…
however, my intention to reply to your mail was not to say this but to tell
you that i'd have something to talk about. just released a new module onto
the wild CPAN crowd, but i think if people are really interested in the
details of it, it'll take more than a 5 min. lightning talk to go through it.
as for what it's about:

REST::Client::Simple - write your HTTP based API implementation in 15 min. roughly

there is story behind it. and a massive lack of POD coverage, i know :)

> […]

i can make a lightning talk out of it or a "full length" one for next time.
up to the audience :)

cheers,
tobi

cheers,