[Wellington-pm] Reminder: Lightning Talks next Tuesday

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Wed Feb 8 00:41:44 PST 2012

Hi Mongers

Just a quick reminder that the February meeting of Wellington Perl
Mongers is on next Tuesday (the 14th) and as is traditional, we're
starting the year with a lightning talk meeting.

I've had a number of people sign up but I need more!  Remember each talk
is a *maximum* of 5 minutes so that's not a lot of time to fill.  If
you've never done it before you should definitely sign up.  And if you
have done it before you already know how much fun it is.

More details about the lightning talk format and ideas for topics here:

  http://wellington.pm.org/lightning_talks.html

Email me to book a slot.

Coincidentally, I was just reading this blog post from brian d foy
entitled "Nobody Is A Good Speaker When they Start" ...

http://blog.yapcna.org/post/17253936133/nobody-is-a-good-speaker-when-they-start

Also, back in December I suggested that the many Perl advent calendar
web sites were full of bite-sized posts just begging to be turned into
lightning talks.  Numerous links here ...

http://www.lowlevelmanager.com/2011/12/perl-advent-calendars-2011-edition.html

Remember if you want to use slides for your talk then you need to email
them to me by 5:00pm on Tuesday so that I can load them up on the
presentation workstation.  To ensure a smooth flow we won't be mucking
around with plugging in different laptops on the night.

If you have any questions, just ask.