[Wellington-pm] Connecting to Perl repository (solved, 18 months later)

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Thu Oct 27 20:32:21 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 16:21 +1300, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 12:16 +1200, Dan Horne wrote:
> > Yeah, I guess it is a cache corruption because the problem isn't
> > consistent. Anyway, I've redirected to another dns server, and
> > everything's working
>
> Just to close the loop on this:
>
> http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/blog/in_which_an_obscure_conundrum_is_exposed

Yeah that was an impressive piece of sleuthing by David Clarke (who I
should point out has not been working on this for all of the last 18
months).

I can just imagine the crappy C code that got a DNS response a mistook
an AAAA record for an A record.  My money is on the problem being in a
DSL router or similar consumer device.