[Wellington-pm] Are you hogging a book?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 27 21:55:48 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 01:59:20PM +1300, Grant McLean wrote:
> Do you have a book from the Wellington.pm library that you've been
> hanging onto for months?  Some of the titles that I haven't seen for a
> good long while and have had requests for recently are:
>
>   Perl Best Practices - Damian Conway
>   Intermediate Perl - brian d foy
>   The Art & Science of CSS - Cameron Adams etc
>
> If you've had a book for more than two months, could you please at least
> let me know so I know where they're at.

I don't have any of the 3 listed explicitly, but I have several books
which I've had for at least two months (since I didn't make it last
month).  Those I can see right now:

* Confession of a Public Speaker:
    read, and will return for sure - enjoyable read and recommended

* Perls of Wisdom:
    currently reading, probably will have finished by Oct meeting

* Greasemonkey Hacks:
    partly read, yell if you want it

There's also an O'Reilly magazine/book about making stuff which I
can't locate right now.  Not started that yet, but if you want it I'm
happy to give it up for now.

I think that's all I have currently.

Cheers,
    Olly