[Wellington-pm] Meeting Tonight

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Jul 13 18:04:27 PDT 2010

Thanks for that Dan.  Did you want to send me your slides too?

Also, you were talking about your strategy for watching an incoming
directory and checking when a file stabilises (no writes for 'n'
seconds).  I recently implemented a directory watching daemon using the
Linux::Inotify module.  The cool thing about that module is it allows
fine-grained control over the events you're interested in.

So in my case I subscribed to 'IN_CLOSE' and 'IN_MOVED_TO' events which
means I only get notified when a file is closed (ie: the client has
finished writing) or renamed.  You'd need to try it out to see how it
interacts with SAMBA but it might be a useful solution.