[Wellington-pm] grabaseat screen-scraping

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 18 18:03:11 PDT 2010

Years ago, back in the level 2 days, somebody did a talk about finding
cheap air tickets (to Tauranga, of all places, if my memory is correct
(or perhaps Gisborne -- that sort of direction)), by capturing
periodic screenshots of grabaseat.co.nz, which in those days was all
Flash, and performing OCR or something.  The script would email them
when the price was good.

Maybe it was Martyn.  Perhaps he had relatives in Tauranga.  Or
in-laws.

Anyway I was reminded of it today when I saw this URL:

http://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/vgrabview/en_NZ/getSpecials.do?json=y

[from http://pastebin.com/ucUWfAJ6, by the author known as 'ReziN' on
freenode, in #nzpug]

If whoever it was is still working on that project, I hope this is
useful.

Douglas