[Wellington-pm] Beer with Marcus next week

Marcus Holland-Moritz mhx-perl at gmx.net
Thu Feb 19 17:15:25 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm lucky to sit in a cafe providing wireless right now :-)

> Hi Mongers
>
> As discussed on the list last month, Marcus Holland-Moritz (Perl Monger
> from Stuttgart) is holidaying in NZ and will be here next week.
>
> I said:
>
> >> If you'd like to meet up for a beer and maybe a meal on Feb 24th or
> >> 25th then I'm sure we can get some folk together.
>
> He said:
>
> > That sounds great!
>
> Which failed to address the question of exactly which day would be
> 'great'.  I failed to pick up that flaw in the plan until now.

Yes, I was also thinking about that just this morning.

> So next week on either Tuesday the 24th or Wednesday the 25th, Marcus
> will be in town.  All going well he'll give us a presentation on his
> Convert::Binary::C module and then we can retire to a suitable location
> for beverages and food.
>
> Unfortunately I have a regular engagement on the Wednesday, but I can do
> Tuesday.

I would actually also prefer Tuesday, as I will have to get up
really early on Thursday (check in for the ferry is at about 7am).

So, should we fix a time? Shall I just show up at Catalyst some
time between 18:00 and 19:00? I'll probably just check in right
before.

So, either time is fine for me, but 18:00 is probably the
earliest I'll be able to manage, as I'll be driving down
from Napier that day.

I think I'll have wireless again before getting to Wellington,
so feel free to pick a time on Tuesday, and I'll show up.

Cheers,
Marcus