[Wellington-pm] Plans for December meeting

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Thu Nov 22 13:48:11 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 10:47 +1300, Grant McLean wrote:
> Hi Mongers
>
> As I mentioned at last night's meeting, December is traditionally very
> busy so I propose a few options for Wellington.PM's meeting on Tuesday
> December 11th:
>
> a) Meet as normal (volunteers to talk please contact me)
>
> b) Have a social meet instead, eg: meet at a pub, followed by a meal
>
> c) Do nothing in December & January - reconvene in February
>
> Please discuss.

As I haven't been inundated with people volunteering for option 'a' and
there has been a groundswell of support for option 'b' then I think we
should proceed with devising a plan.

Like Donovan, I also would give serious consideration to non-curry
options for the eating phase.  One easy option that occurred to me was
Syn bar in Bond Street - beer and pizza in one handy location.  Other
suggestions are welcome.

Andy was enquiring if the February meeting would be a lightning talk
meeting as we've had in other years.  I was holding off replying while I
awaited confirmation of an alternative plan - which I've just
received...

Damian Conway is going to be in town for WebStock [1] and has also
accepted an invitation to speak at Wellington.PM that week.  He's not
sure of his exact commitments but at this stage he's pencilled in for
the Tuesday evening (Feb 12).

So that gives everyone an extra month to prepare their lightning talks
for the March meeting :-)

[1] http://www.webstock.org.nz/