[Wellington-pm] Roundup of this month's meeting

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Wed Jun 13 17:07:33 PDT 2007

Hi Mongers

Another day has slipped by without me managing to thank our speakers.

Thanks to James for introducing us to the weird and wacky world of
Second Life.  I think that serves as a warning to us all :-)

And thanks to Andy for his informative intro to OpenID (in spite of
my inadvertent efforts to sabotage his slides).  Andy's slides are
now up on the archive page:

  http://wellington.pm.org/archive/

It was great to see a large crowd of people and the lively discussions
which followed the meeting.

The next meeting is scheduled for the 12th of June.  Sam has volunteered
to talk on "Lazy programming using pipes" and I'm planning to talk about
"Unicode in practice".  If someone else wants a short slot, email me the
details.

As I mentioned at the meeting, I really like the idea that the LinuxChix
crew have come up with.  Their meeting start time is 6:00pm but there's
a pre-meeting meeting from 5:30 for the purpose of eating food, networking
and generally filling the gap between work and the main event.  If anyone
is interested in doing something similar for Perl Mongers, let's make it
happen.

If anyone has requests for future talk topics then reply here on the list.