[Wellington-pm] When Perlmongers are forced to use VB

Peter Kelly perlmonger at pck.co.nz
Tue Oct 3 19:19:40 PDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 03:02:19PM +1300, michael at diaspora.gen.nz wrote:
> Peter Kelly writes:
> >    Sub dumpHashOfHash(ByRef hash As IDictionary)
>
> You do realise that the Win32::OLE modules will let you do most
> scripting
> type functions from Perl?

Yes.

> (This is of course no good when doing coding for
> a VB loving organisation; I usually just throw up my hands at that
> point.)

Sadly this is the position I am in.  I am permitted to write Perl
scripts for some areas, but others are VB only.

I am currently working on a daily basis with VB, Visual Fortran, Perl,
JSP, ASP, Java in Tomcat, COM, Java in JBoss, Oracle (with lots of
PL/SQL), SQL Server, some client side Java and ActiveX, and
of course Win32 batch files.  Both don't worry, it's all linked with
XML!

On the upside, the sun shines here in Perth.  Daily.

Cheers,

Peter